Your job is to prepare a document containing the following information (word / powerpoint).
You have been given your specialty subject which will require extra detail and which you will present to the rest of the class! Aim to be thorough on this topic and include extra info if you can.
- what is the definition of an acid?
- what are the formulae of common acids (hydrochloric / sufuric / nitric)?
- what types of salts do these different acids make?
- what is a base?
- what is an alkali?
- what are the formulae of common alkalis (sodium hydroxide / potassium hydroxide / aqueous ammonia)?
- describe the reaction of acids with metals
- describe the reaction of acids with alkalis
- describe the reactions of acids with bases
- describe the reactions of acids with carbonates
- describe the reactions of acids with ammonia
Please post your work below, highlighting your specialist area in the title of your work. Remember the lessons from Journal Club, to use multiple sources of information, evaluate your sources and cite all sources.